Cookbook:Green Leaf Juice
|Green Leaf Juice|
This blend of green leaf vegetables, fruits, and herbs makes a complexly flavored beverage. Increasing the citrus taste from the pineapple and the lime helps make the green juice more palatable. The ginger adds an additional layer of complexity.
- Juice extractor
- Cutting board
- Squeeze the lime juice into the container where the juice extractor dispenses the juice.
- Cut the pineapple, removing the outer spiny flesh, the top, the bottom and the pithy core.
- Cut the pineapple into long thin strips that can be easily inserted into the juice extractor. Run the pineapple through the juice extractor.
- Tear the greens into smaller pieces that can be put into the juice extractor easily. Run the greens through the juice extractor.
- Run the cilantro through the juice extractor.
- Run the ginger root through the juice extractor.
- Stir the juice mixture well, and serve the green juice over ice.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- Kale can be used instead of chard or collard greens, but it is more bitter.
- Measurements are listed as exact but precise measuring is not needed.