Cookbook:Green Chili Beef Stew
Green Chili Beef Stew is a New Mexican dish that is considered the beef stew of New Mexico. It is a basic dish with as many variations as there are cooks. It is usually served with tortillas or sopapillas.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the beef cubes, and brown on all sides. Transfer the browned meat to a stock pot.
- Add the onions to the skillet, and sauté until they are browned.
- Add the garlic to the onions, and cook for an additional couple of minutes.
- Transfer the garlic and onions to the stock pot with the meat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The amount of corn can be doubled if desired.