Cookbook:New England Potato Salad
(Redirected from Cookbook:Grammy's Potato Salad)
|New England Potato Salad|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Side dishes | US Cuisine
This is a classic New England potato salad. Chopping the potatoes into small pieces allows more surface to be coated and improves the flavor.
- 3 pounds California long white potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet pickle juice (from jar of pickles)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- Cut unpeeled potatoes in half and cook until they are tender when tested with a knife. Do not overcook.
- Peel the potatoes by scraping them lightly with a knife and cut them into ½ inch (1.25 cm) cubes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and let them come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice and sugar and stir until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture, minced onion, parsley, celery seed and chopped eggs to the potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir lightly to combine.
- Place in large serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.