Cookbook:Garlic Lemon Chicken
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Lebanon
This is a recipe for chicken flavored with garlic and lemon, served with a garlic sauce.
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and with skin
- 6 large potatoes, sliced in ¼" slices
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- a dash of cayenne
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and cayenne pepper to make a marinade.
- Put the chicken breasts in a deep pan, and pour the marinade over top.
- Cover, and let marinate in the fridge overnight. In the morning, flip the chicken to the other side and continue marinating for an additional 4 hours.
- Drain and reserve the liquid from the pan. Cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes. The goal is to brown the chicken, without cooking it through.
- Return the marinade to the browned chicken. Tightly cover the pan with tin foil, and put back in the oven.
- Set the oven to 250°F (120°C). Bake chicken for 4 hours, basting it with the marinade every hour.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the pot, baste everything, and recover with tin foil.
- Put back in the oven, and cook for another hour.
- When the chicken is in its final hour of baking, blend all of the ingredients for the toom in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes with the toom and some warm pita bread.