- Cook the hot dogs in any manner; the original recipe used a pan on a stove, but a toaster oven would suffice.
- Once the hot dogs have cooked (you can tell that they are ready once they split), remove them from the heat.
- Melt the cheese either in the oven or the microwave (microwave works best). Pour the melted cheese on the hot dogs.
- Sprinkle the crushed Froot Loops over the cheese, and let cool.
- This recipe works best when the hot dogs are closer together on the serving plate so that any stray Froot Loops are caught in between.