Whipped egg whitesEdit
- In a saucepan, beat together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger, yolks, and lime juice until pale and creamy.
- Beat in fruit nectar.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, especially towards the end.
- Cool the pan in cold water.
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar, sprinkling in the tablespoons of sugar, to form soft peaks.
- When fruit mixture is lukewarm, gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Transfer the mousse into stemmed glasses, and chill in the fridge.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- This dessert is excellent half-frozen.
- If pear nectar is used, try substituting one drop of peppermint oil for the ginger.