Cookbook:Fruit Salad with Orange Soda (Ensalada de Fruta)
This fruit salad is a dessert that is very popular and traditional at Christmas time in Uruguay. We normally have it all throughout the summer as it is very refreshing and also makes a few fruits go a long way.
- 1 red apple
- 1 large orange
- 1 nectarine
- 2 plums
- one can (400 g) peaches (in natural juice)
- one can (150 g) pineapple pieces (in natural juice)
- 1 large banana
- 200 g cherries
- 2 passion fruits
- 200 g seedless grapes (any type)
- 1 small container of strawberries
- 1.25 L bottle of Fanta (orange soda), or less, chilled
- Place canned fruit in a large bowl along with it's juice, making sure you cut the peaches into small pieces.
- Wash remaining fruit thoroughly.
- Place cherries and grapes (minus stalks and any leaves) in the bowl.
- Cut up remaining fruit into small pieces, place in the bowl, and chill.
- Prior to serving, mix lightly and cover with chilled Fanta.
- Serve with a slotted spoon for a lovely summer dessert, especially during the holidays when we need a stomach cool down after a heavy meal.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Any of the fruits above can be omitted.