This recipe can be adapted for people with an allergy by substituting the ingredients for equivalents. For example, to make this suitable for people with milk or dairy allergy use a dairy free margarine.
- Fruit (some fruit can cause allergies, particularly kiwifruit and strawberry)
- Rub together 85g (3oz) margarine with 170g (6oz) flour.
- If you are using cooking apples then core them, peel them and cut them up into small pieces. Add the fruit to an oven safe bowl.
- Sprinkle a desert spoon of sugar onto the fruit.
- Sprinkle the crumble onto the fruit until the fruit is covered by a thick layer of crumble.
- Put in the oven at 160°C (320°F) for 30mins (alter the time and temperature to suit the oven, the time and temperature may also need adjusting for different size fruit crumbles).