Cookbook:Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta
|Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta|
Bruschette are small, open-faced sandwiches of tomato and mozzarella cheese. They are delicious, quick and easy to make, and perfect appetizers.
For about 24 Bruschette:
- Cut Bread into ½" (1.27cm) slices on the diagonal.
- Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides.
- Cut tomatoes into ¼ inch (0.75cm) slices and place one on each slice of bread.
- Cut mozzarella balls into ¼ inch (0.75cm) slices and place on top of tomato.
- Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top with the oregano.
- Combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar (to taste) in small bowl
- Drizzle with mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- An optional re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melt and be even more delicious
- Authentic Italian Bruschetta begins with rubbing roasted garlic cloves on the toasted bread slices