||1/8 of recipe
|Servings Per Recipe:
|Amount per serving
|Calories from fat
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Appetizers
"Perfect for your next party, this guacamole is decorated to look like your favorite ballpark. A cream cheese baseball tops it off."
- In bowl, blend cream cheese and buttermilk seasoning. Place in plastic wrap, roll into a ball and chill in freezer for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- In bowl, coarsely mash avocado with lime juice, garlic, salt and red pepper sauce.
- Stir in red onion and roasted bell pepper.
- Using rubber spatula, scoop guacamole onto square plate. Spread out evenly, making a slight mound in center to create a 'pitchers mound'.
- Spoon sour cream into pastry bag with fine tip or plastic bag with 1/8 inch corner cut out. Pipe thin 'base lines' onto guacamole 'field'.
- To create the red 'stitching' for the baseball, cut the red bell pepper into 1 inch strips. Using a sharp knife, carefully remove fleshy inside of the pepper, reserving the red shiny skin. Slice the skin into very thin strips to create stitch lines for baseball.
- To make baseball: Remove cream cheese from freezer or refrigerator. Roll to make a round baseball shape. Remove plastic wrap. Using a wooden pick, form the stitch lines on the ball. Use the very thin pieces of red bell pepper skin to lay over stitch lines. Place 'baseball' on the 'mound' in the center of the guacamole 'field'.
- Use thin wheat crackers for 'bases'.
- Serve crackers, tortilla chips and/or bell pepper strips as dippers.