Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- In large Dutch oven, heat the oil and sauté onion and garlic. Once onion begins to soften, add chopped tomato and chicken pieces. Slightly brown the chicken pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Once chicken has lightly browned, add the water, bouillon cubes and wine. Cover and allow chicken to simmer over medium-low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and peas. Taste broth, as more cumin or salt and pepper may be needed.
- Add just enough water to simmer vegetables if needed. Once vegetables are done, remove from heat and allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with white, steamed rice.
- Red jalapeño may be substituted for the yellow chile.