Cookbook:Ensalada de Pallares (Peruvian Lima Bean Salad)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Ensalada de Pallares (Lima beans))
|Ensalada de Pallares (Peruvian Lima Bean Salad)|
- Soak pallares overnight or at least 6 hours. Change water 2–3 times.
- Boil the beans without salt in enough water to cover them. Use high heat until water reaches boiling point. Skim and reduce your fire. Simmer for about 1 hour. No exact timing is possible, since cooking time depends on the dryness of the beans.
- When the beans are plump and tender, take them off the heat and drain. You might reserve the boiling liquid to process leftovers into a soup.
- Season the beans lightly with salt (kosher works great) and, while the beans cool down, prepare your vinaigrette.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste, red onion, and tomatoes.
- Once the beans are at room temperature, check the seasoning of the vinaigrette. It should taste a bit stronger than expected.
- Carefully mix the vinaigrette with the beans, then mix in the parsley.
- Garnish the top with more parsley, and serve.