Eggplant Pasta – This tasty vegetable stew is great served with your favorite pasta.
- 1 eggplant (aubergine)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tins of peeled tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper
- handfuls of fresh basil
- dried Italian herbs (marjoram, basil, capsicum, oregano, rosemary, parsley, garlic, thyme) – often sold pre-mixed.
- fresh garlic, crushed
- pasta (your favourite)
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The amounts of the various ingredients are not really important. Experiment and adjust to taste.
- It is often better to prepare the vegetables the night before as this gives time for the flavours of the chili pepper, garlic, and herbs to diffuse through the mix.
- Spiral pasta is a good choice as it holds the sauce to itself.
- Always wash your hands after handling chili peppers. Be especially careful not to touch your eyes.