Cookbook:Egg with Cabbage and Turkish Sausage
|Egg with Cabbage and Turkish Sausage|
|Time||prep: 10 minutes|
cooking: 15 mins
Eggs cooked with Turkish sausage (called sucuk) and spicy cabbage, can be served on its own or with rice. If the red pepper paste is already salted, there is no need for additional salt, but this can be adjusted according to need and the ingredients used.
- 1-2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tbsp red pepper paste (like Korean gochujang or similar)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Around ⅛-¼ cup water
- 1 large tbsp peanut butter (organic peanut butter without added hydrogenated oils recommended)
- 8-10 slices of sucuk (Turkish sausage)
- Tabasco (optional)
- Finely chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pot with lid.
- Add sliced sucuk and quickly brown.
- Add chopped cabbage.
- Add red pepper paste and mix.
- Add the water.
- Add peanut butter and combine thoroughly.
- Cover lid and cook for around 5-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the cabbage.
- Crack 2-3 eggs into the pot. Cover, and cook until the eggs are done.
- Serve with rice or meat. If desired, garnish with a little tabasco and/or finely chopped herbs.