Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Southern U.S. cuisine | Breakfast Cuisine | Cheese | Bread
This is a good dish for breakfast, brunch, or late-night snack dish.
- 2 strips bacon
- 24 soda crackers (2-inch squares)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces.
- Cooking spray
- Jam or jelly (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (~175°C).
- Cut bacon into small pieces and sauté until brown.
- Crush crackers.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add crackers, milk, salt, and pepper, then cheese to the eggs.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, and add bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife comes out clean when pie is tested.
- Cut in wedges and serve with jam.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can dice, shred, or just cut up the cheese; the smaller the pieces, the more evenly it will mix.