Cookbook:Deep Fried Mars Bar
|Deep Fried Mars Bar|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Desserts | Cuisine of the United Kingdom
This recipe for the deep fried Mars bar illustrates a typical procedure. The ingredients in the dish's variations may vary indefinitely, but the procedure will remain more or less the same. For authentic flavor, fry the treat in beef drippings rather than vegetable oil.
- Chill, but do not freeze, the Mars bar by leaving it in a fridge or freezer for a short while.
- Mix the milk, flour, and egg in a bowl. Whisk together to create a creamy batter.
- Heat the oil to around 350–375°F (175–190°C).
- Coat the Mars bar completely in batter.
- Lower into hot oil and fry until batter is golden brown. Be careful to lower it gently; otherwise the batter may come off.