Cookbook:Deep Fried Chiles Stuffed with Potato (Mirchi Bada)
Mirchi Bada is a popular Indian snack.
- Large green chiles
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Chaat masala
- ½ cup coriander leaves chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- Slit the chiles, remove seeds, and set aside.
- Boil potatoes in salted water. Peel and mash them well. Add chili powder, chaat masala, and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Make a thick batter with the flour, water, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fill the chiles with the potato mix. Dip the filled chiles in the batter so they are completely covered.
- Deep fry the battered chiles in preheated oil until they turn golden brown.