Cookbook:Dambun Shinkafa (Nigerian Rice and Vegetables)
|Dambun Shinkafa (Nigerian Rice and Vegetables)
Danbun shinkafa is a common northern Nigerian dish. It is served both at home and on special occasions like weddings, naming ceremonies and native celebrations.
- Thoroughly rinse the rice. If desired, soak for a while.
- Steam the rice using a pot or an electric rice cooker until averagely soft.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a pot. Add the onion, spring onion, carrot, and peppers. Fry for a bit, then remove from heat.
- Mix the cooked vegetables into the steamed rice. Season with salt and seasoning cube. Cover and allow to steam for a while.
- Stir in the moringa leaves, and remove from the heat.
- Serve with fried meat or fish.