Cookbook | Recipes | Ingredients | Equipment | Techniques | Cookbook Disambiguation Pages | Dessert | Cuisine of France

A cruller is a type of doughnut. It is often covered in or topped with icing, which may be chocolate. It is often twisted (rather than round) in shape and unraised. The word comes from early 19th century Dutch kruller, from krullen "to curl." It is most commonly found in New England and the Mid-Atlantic and North Central states of the USA, but it is also common in California. It is also common in France.