Cookbook:Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This creamy mushroom pasta recipe will satisfy your strongest Italian food cravings while providing epic flavor and a boost of nutrition. Best of all, it’s ready in twenty minutes, making it a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 serving pasta (suggestion: whole wheat linguine)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces white button mushroom, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken bone broth
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a large pot, cook pasta in salted boiling water for 8-9 minutes according to the package directions or al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in minced garlic and let it cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Place mushrooms in the skillet, cup side up. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms start shrinking, moving the mushrooms around with a spatula occasionally.
- Add white wine; continue cooking to let the wine and mushroom juice evaporate, about 3 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream and chicken bone broth into the skillet, add a generous pinch of salt. Switch to medium heat and cook until the cooking liquid is slightly thickened, flipping the mushrooms a couple times.
- Spread parmesan cheese over the mushrooms and gently stir until the cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the skillet. Combine well with the mushroom mixture, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with chopped parsley. Add more grated parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!