Creamed corn is a side dish from the American South. This modern recipe is quicker and easier than the traditional one.
- Drain the can of corn, reserving the liquid.
- Put half of the corn into a bowl and purée it with a wand blender, adding some liquid from the can if necessary to keep it from getting too dry.
- Pour puréed corn into a saucepan and add remaining whole corn kernels.
- Add the diced bell pepper, butter, and cream, then heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. You can add more cream or milk if it's not creamy enough.
- Salt and pepper to taste.