Cookbook:Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
- Heat duck stock in heavy saucepan over medium heat, covered.
- Add thyme, chopped duck meat and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk until well blended, then slowly add to soup.
- Stir continually until soup mixture begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg (optional) and serve.
First appeared in a Collection of Recipes by Chef Taylor Piercefield. Chef Piercefield also made variations of this soup with Morel Mushrooms.