Cookbook:Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
|Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
This recipe first appeared in a Collection of Recipes by Chef Taylor Piercefield. Chef Piercefield also made variations of this soup with Morel Mushrooms.
- Heat duck stock in a heavy, covered saucepan over medium heat.
- Add thyme, chopped duck meat, and mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk until well-blended, then slowly add to soup.
- Stir continually until soup mixture begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg and serve.