Cookbook:Cookies with Pineapple Jam Filling (Nastar)
|Cookies with Pineapple Jam Filling (Nastar)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Indonesia
Nastar, or tananas, are pineapple jam-filled cookies. These are popular treats for Eid ul-Fitr and Christmas celebrations in Indonesia.
- Peel pineapple, wash, and blend into a purée.
- Put pineapple purée in a pan, add sugar and cinnamon, and stir over medium heat until thick.
- If the jam still tastes sour, add more sugar to taste.
- Let cool until thick enough to roll into small marbles.
- Beat the 6 egg yolks with margarine and sugar.
- Mix in the grated cheese.
- Add flour and vanilla little by little to make a dough.
- Pinch off pieces of dough, and roll into balls a little smaller than golf balls.
- Flatten each piece of dough slightly, and place a pineapple jam marble on the cookie. Fold the dough around the jam enclose it, and pinch to seal the cookie. Roll it between your hands until round again.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, flattening them very slightly.
- Halve raisins, then put on top of the cookies.
- Brush the cookies with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden yellow and cooked through.