- 6 tablespoons cola
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick (125 grams (4.4 oz)) margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups (500 grams (1.1 lb)) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (80 grams (2.8 oz)) chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix cola, margarine, and cocoa in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour over flour/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Beat eggs and mix in. Add milk, soda, vanilla and marshmallows. Batter should be thin. Marshmallows will float to the surface.
- Bake in a 9-by−13-inch (23 × 33 cm) pan at 350 °F (177 °C) for 35 minutes. Make frosting before it cools.
- Mix cola, cocoa, and margarine in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and nuts. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the warm frosting on the cake.