- Purée the young coconut flesh in a blender, and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the tender coconut water and china-grass strands. Heat gently until the china-grass strands melt completely.
- In the meantime, heat milk and condensed milk in another saucepan over medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- To the boiled milk, add the melted china-grass mixture, and combine well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the pureed tender coconut to the cooled milk mixture, and mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan or stainless steel pan.
- Place the pudding in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Remove the pudding from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator until fully set.
- Using a knife, gently cut the pudding and serve it in dessert bowls.
Notes, tips, and variations
- You could garnish the pudding with almonds, cashew nuts etc.