Cookbook:Cinnamon Glazed Apples
Serve this with pork chops, or as a dessert.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a large stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, tossing often, until lightly browned around edges. Remove and keep warm.
- Add sugar, salt, orange, and cinnamon to pan. Scrape with a metal whisk to loosen browned bits.
- Melt in butter, 1 tbs at a time, while whisking continuously. Once all butter has been melted, bring to a boil. (the fiercer the boil, the flashier the show).
- Add brandy and, if it hasn't ignited by itself, do so with a long match or a firestick.
- Add apples and cook 1-2 minutes (depending on how soft you want your apples).
- Remove apples from pan and drizzle with sauce. Serve warm.