|Chocolate Orange Hot Cross Bun Trifle|
||1/14 of recipe (190 g)
|Servings Per Recipe:
|Amount per serving
|Calories from fat
Chocolate orange hot cross bun trifle is a recipe adapted from a recipe in page 58 of March 2023 edition of Tesco's magazine.
- Microwave the marmalade for 30–60 seconds to loosen.
- Leave the marmalade to cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Combine the marmalade and custard in a bowl and mix together.
- Whip the cream with most of the orange zest in another bowl to soft peaks.
- Heat the sugar, cinnamon ,and water in a pan over a low heat for 4–6 minutes, swirling occasionally.
- Place the torn buns in a 3–4-liter (3.2–4.2 US qt) trifle dish.
- Pour the custard mixture into the trifle dish.
- Add a layer of three-quarters of the orange segments and two-thirds of the whipped cream.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the dessert sauce over the dish.
- Top with remaining custard and cream.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the trifle.
- Place the remaining orange segments on top.
- Brush the bun tops with the cinnamon glaze and place on top of the trifle.
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining orange zest.