|Time||Prep: 45 minutes. |
Baking: 10 to 12 minutes.
Several hours to chill the dough.
These chocolate crinkles are easy to make, but do require chilling the dough for several hours before forming into cookies and baking. They have a strong chocolate taste and a dramatic black and white appearance. One recipe makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
- Mix oil, chocolate, and granulated sugar.
- Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into chocolate mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350° F (175C).
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into confectioners' sugar.
- Roll in sugar; shape into balls.
- Place about 2" (5 cm) apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.