- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Have an ungreased baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the margarine. Mix with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and stir until all ingredient are moistened.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead a few times until the dough holds together in a ball. Add a small amount of flour if the dough is sticky.
- Roll dough, or press with your hands, into an 8 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over dough, staying 1 inch away from the edges.
- Spread broccoli evenly over the cheese.
- Starting with one long side, tightly roll up dough like a jelly roll. Pinch the ends and seam together. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bottom is nicely browned. Remove to a rack to cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve warm.
- ↑ Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved, with the exception that all purpose flour and whole wheat flour were split to separate lines.