- Fresh greens like matzumi or baby Chinese mustard, or even Boston lettuce (optional)
- Chives (optional)
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Julliene the carrots (or grate them if julienning is not feasible).
- Coat with about 1–2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Sprinkle generously with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add a hefty serving of pine nuts.
- Carrot salad wrapped in greens: Place a little bit of the carrot salad on a green leaf and wrap it up, tying it with a chive. They make about 2-bite hors d'œuvres that are light, healthy, and surprisingly filling. If you can get a-hold of the young mustard greens, they add a fantastic spiciness to it that can't be matched.