Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Carrot fufu is a swallow made from carrot, common in Nigeria due to its low carbohydrate content. It is easy to make once the carrot is blended smoothly.
Special equipment edit
- Blend the chopped carrot until smooth.
- Transfer the carrot to cheesecloth, and squeeze out all the water from the carrot paste.
- Cook the carrot pulp in a pot over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the psyllium husk to thicken and bind the fufu.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- The function of the psyllium husk is to make the carrot fufu moldable and this give it the texture of eba.
- Cut or scrape off any dark marks on the carrot.