Cookbook:Caramel Sauce (vegan)
|Caramel Sauce (vegan)|
|Category||Dessert sauce recipes|
Makes 1 ½ cups caramel sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy milk, Sucanat, and maple syrup. Whisk well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, while whisking occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and arrowroot, and then whisk this mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture, while whisking constantly, an additional 2-3 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat as needed.