Cookbook:Callaloo (Caribbean Stewed Greens)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Callaloo)
|Callaloo (Caribbean Stewed Greens)|
Serve as a soup or accompanied with rice and boiled ground provisions.
- Strip the stalks and midribs from the taro leaves.
- Wash and cut leaves and soft stalks, discarding remainder.
- Soak salted beef or salted pork, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut okra, chives and thyme into small pieces.
- In a large pot combine callaloo leaves, salted meat, okra, chive, thyme, onion, garlic, crab, coconut milk, and water.
- Bring to the boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or more until everything is soft and cooked.
- Swizzle or beat with a hand beater.
- Add butter and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.