Cookbook:Buuz (Mongolian Meat Dumplings)
|Buuz (Mongolian Meat Dumplings)|
|Time||prep: 20 min|
cooking: 15 min
- Combine beef, salt, onion, pepper, and water in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly and leave covered during the preparation of the dough (next step).
- In a bowl mix together flour and and cold water to make a very soft dough. Cover the bowl and leave the dough for 5 minutes to relax.
- Knead the dough for a half minute. Cut the dough into 10 pieces, and flatten the dough into circles.
- Place fair amount of meat mixture on the flat dough and stick together the edge.
- Pour boil a fair amount of water in the steamer. Spread some oil on the steamer board from protecting the buuz buns getting stuck into the board during the cooking. Carefully place the buuz buns on the steamer board. Place them 1 centimeter (0.39 in) away from one another. Place the board into the boiling steamer and cover the steamer very well. Cook for 15 minutes. Take out the steamer board and fan the buuz for 30 seconds using steamer cover or any safe, light object.
- As a side dish use some cabbage salad, or some chopped kosher cucumbers. Enjoy!