- 5 small sausage links, cooked and finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled finely
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Combine sausage and bacon. In another bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, and cornbread.
- In a greased large roasting pan, place just enough cornbread mixture to cover. Add just enough meat mixture to cover that layer, and repeat until all mixtures have been used.
- Combine Monterrey Jack and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly over layers and bake at 375 degrees F (190C) for 30-35 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top. Serve warm.