- 20cm (8in) square baking pan, or large oven-safe bowl.
- Mixing bowl.
- Heat oven to 175˚C (350˚F).
- Rip bread into small pieces. Cutting into cubes is also okay. Place into baking dish. Mix in raisins while filling the dish.
- Pour melted butter over the bread.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Add the sugar, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix.
- Pour mixture over the bread. Press the bread lightly to help it absorb the mixture, if necessary. All the bread should be wet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Serve cold, though warm may also be acceptable. Use a spoon, or cut into squares, to serve.