Cookbook:Boiled Plantain With Vegetable Sauce
|Boiled Plantain With Vegetable Sauce
There are numerous more methods to prepare plantains, including making porridge, chips, roasting them over charcoal, and boiling them to serve with egg sauce, tomato-based stew, or veggie sauce.
- Cut the unripe plantains in half and wash them.
- Put the plantains in a pot. Add just enough water to cover the peels, and season with salt. Turn the heat to low and cook for about 1 hour. Check occasionally with a fork to see if it has fully softened; when done, you will notice the peels turning brown and the interior becoming more yellow.
- Drain the plantains.
Vegetable sauce edit
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, and cook until they are no longer sour.
- Add seasoning cubes, ground crayfish, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the green onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and dryfish.
- Serve with boiled plantains.