Blueberry muffins are a pastry common in many parts of the world.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper cups; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, and oil. Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries and stir just until combined. Do not overstir.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each about two-thirds.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. When a wooden toothpick is inserted near the middle, it should come out clean.
- Remove from muffin cups and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Notes and TipsEdit
- The mixture should be lumpy after stirring. Otherwise, the muffins will be tough.
- Leaving the muffins in the muffin cups can make them soggy.
- To make jumbo muffins, reduce the temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 30 minutes.
- To make mini muffins, bake for about 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C).