Cookbook:Bell Pepper Chili
|Bell Pepper Chili|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Chili made with bell-peppers, served over white rice.
- 3–3½ pounds ground beef
- 6–8 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2–3 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- 1 can (about 2 cups) kidney beans
- 2 cans (64 ounces) pureed crushed tomatoes
- Cooked white rice
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Put beef in a large pot.
- Fry on medium, breaking up the beef, until it turns brown. Drain grease.
- Add peppers and onions to the pot.
- Fry until the onions are transparent. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder and garlic salt to taste.
- Serve over white rice. Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Adding the beef to the pan
Cooking the beef until browned
Draining the grease from the beef
Adding onions and peppers
Simmering the chili
Serving with cheese