- Combine pepper, salt, and minced garlic in a small bowl; rub both sides of each steak with this mixture.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Set aside; keep warm.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion to skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet, scraping pan to loosen the browned bits. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to ⅓ cup (about 1 minute), and stir in steak sauce.
- Spoon wine sauce over steaks, and top with onion. Serve with French fries.