- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Heat a large saucepan on the stovetop, then add olive oil and chopped onion.
- Dredge the beef cubes in the flour mixture and drop them into the saucepan; reserve the remaining flour mixture. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Pour in the broth and add the remaining flour mixture, the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, marjoram and bay leaf/leaves.
- Once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for an hour or more, until the beef and potatoes are tender.