- Cut the beef fillet into extremely thin slices (about 2 mm).
- Lay a piece of cling film on the work surface, place the sliced beef on top and place another layer of film over. Flatten the slices with the back of a knife.
- Pour a small puddle of olive oil onto a large plate and place a layer of beef over it. Season with the salt and pepper and continue making layers with all the beef.
- Cover the plate with cling film and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
- Transfer the beef onto individual plates. Cover with pine nuts, shavings of Parmesan and a dash of truffle oil if you have any.