- Combine about equal volumes of the mashed beans and semolina. Mix in just enough water to get a moldable dough.
- Combine the breading mix, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Shape the bean mixture into patties.
- Dip both sides of the patties in the breading mix in order to coat completely. Shake off any excess breading.
- Push the patties carefully on a spatula and fry them on both sides in a hot, oiled pan. If you use too much oil the patties will be soaked in fat, if you use too little, the breading mix will not be fried. It's probably best to add a little bit of oil and then shuffle the patties around in the pan. The patties very quickly become robust enough so you can easily pick them up and turn them with a spatula to see if the other side had enough oil.
- Serve hot.