- In a large spotlessly clean stainless steel bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, cheese, salt, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Gently fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
- Lay half the cooked noodles in the bottom of a roasting pan. Add a layer of tomato sauce on top, then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat this step for a second layer of noodles/tomato/cheese. The last layer should be cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.