- 1 8-10 lb. beef brisket
- 1 cup Barbecue Rub
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- Large mesquite chunks, as needed
- Hamburger buns for serving
- 1/2 cup vinegar mixture from North Carolina-Style BBQ Ribs, plus more for serving
- Place mesquite into the firebox of a 250° smoker.
- Trim fat cap to 1/4 inch. Place brisket into a large foil pouch and pour in vinegar mixture, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup honey. Place pouch in smoker and cook for 6 hours, changing chunks as needed.
- Remove brisket from pouch, spread mustard evenly on it, and massage Rub into meat. Place brisket back into smoker and cook for 10 hours, changing chunks as needed.
- Separate brisket halves along fat line. Slice across the grain as thinly as humanly possible, chop roughly, and place serving portion in halved buns.
- Place some vinegar mixture into a squirt bottle and serve with sandwiches.