Cookbook:Banana Bread I
|Banana Bread I|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread
This is a basic, reliable banana bread recipe. The perfect thing to do with over-ripe bananas! An alternative version of this recipe can be found here.
|Ingredient||Count||Volume||Weight||Baker's % (optional)|
|White sugar||1 cup||200 g||80%|
|Butter, softened||½ cup||113 g||45.4%|
|Bananas (the riper the better), mashed||3 ea.||243–456 g||97.2-182.4%|
|Eggs||2 ea.||100 g||40%|
|All-purpose flour||2 cups||250 g||100%|
|Baking soda||½ tsp||2.3 g||0.92%|
|Sour milk or buttermilk||⅓ cup||81 g||32.67%|
|Salt||¼ tsp||1.5 g||0.6%|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp||4.2 g||1.68%|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake on middle shelf of oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- ½ tsp baking powder and ⅓ cup milk can be substituted for the sour milk/buttermilk and baking soda.
- ½ cup nuts may also be added to the mixture
- ↑ Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Banana size range is extra small to extra large. Large egg size presumed.