|Servings||1 cup of 1 tablespoon servings|
Balsamic glaze is an excellent drizzle sauce for cruciferous vegetables, i.e. broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, chard, kale, mustard greens, rutabagas, and turnips. Sort of like putting lipstick on a pig.
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until just pureed.
- Transfer to a nonstick saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to moderate.
- Cook, Stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly syrupy.
- Check taste and if glaze seems too acidic, stir in slightly more honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Drizzle over hot, cooked vegetables and serve immediately, or to store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat and chill glaze before using.