Cookbook:Baked Tilapia with White Wine
Baked Tilapia with White Wine And HerbsEdit
- 2 fresh Tilapia, approximately 8-10 oz. each, gutted and descaled
- 1/4 pint medium white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs
- 6 salad onions, diagonally sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 oz. butter
- 1 teaspoon corn flour, blended with a little cold water
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste. Place half the butter on each fish.
Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish then bake in a preheated oven 350° F., for 30-35 minutes.
Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm. Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended corn flour and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.
Enjoy this tasty dish!