Baked Oatmeal - excellent as breakfast (perhaps in its less-sweet variation) or a snack.
The first variation presented here tastes to me more like a dessert than a breakfast food (which the second, a modification, aims to be), although is no less delicious for that; try them both and see which you prefer.
Mix the ingredients and pour them into a 9 in (20 cm) pan. (They can be mixed in the pan, but it's a little tricky not to spill.) Bake at 350 °F (175 °C) for 40-45 (probably 45) minutes. Serve hot, cold, and with or without milk - the choice is yours.
Having tried the above - the original recipe I got from a friend - I found that it didn't fit my "breakfast" paradigm; I modified it to this:
- 3 cups (720 g) quick-cooking oats (same as before)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) wheat flakes (added)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) granulated sugar and approximately 1 tablespoon molasses (substituted for the brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (same as before)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (same as before)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (halved)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) soy milk (increased from 1c, changed to soy milk from availability)
- 1/2 c (120 ml) vegetable oil (substituted for the butter)
- 3 eggs (increased from 2)