- 4 oz of ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter, chopped
Assembly and cookingEdit
- Boil the rice in salted water until soft. Drain it well.
- Mix in the grated cheese and some freshly ground black pepper. Let it cool.
- Prepare filling by combining chopped ham and butter.
- Spread the breadcrumbs in a plate or a serving tray. Spread the flour on another plate.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them a little.
- Spread a spoonful of the cooled rice it in your hand. Add some filling in the middle, and use your other hand to close the rice over the filling. Set aside.
- Continue shaping rice balls with the remaining rice and filling. The finished balls should be the size of a small lemon.
- Roll the balls in the flour. Dip them in beaten egg. Roll in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a large pan. Fry the balls, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over.
- Place finished arancini on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Warm up the marinara sauce.
- When ready to serve, spoon some sauce on the serving plates. Place 3 to 4 arancini on each plate, and serve right away.
- When frying, the oil level should be at least halfway up the balls. Turn them once to fry on each half.